Maria Knits and Purls

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Lots to talk about....

2007 has already started in a productive way. Let's get started...

I joined Sundara's Petal Collection Sock Club. I just got January's. It is Lenten Rose. It is the most beautiful lavender, bluish color. The presentation is exquisite. I can't wait to get started!





Daisy Cardigan from Marie Grace Smith from Garter Belt. This was made for my 4 year old niece, Gabriella. She saw me knitting one day and told me that I "had" to make something for her. She said it should be warm and cozy, and must be in yellow. Hence, Daisy Cardigan in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in "Sunshine". This was a very easy and fun knit. I made it very quickly and she loved it!

Ariann from Chick Knits.
Yarn: Knit Picks Andean Silk in Cranberry

Great knit! I would make it again. I had problems with the lace pattern as I moved up the sweater during the raglan. My fault as this is my first time creating this type of sweater. I had to rip it a couple of times. It is still not according to pattern, but I fudged a bit. I still need to add the buttons. I can't decide between two.

Monkey Socks from Knitty.
Yarn: Socks that Rock in Puck's Mischief

Again, another great pattern! I definitely would make these again!



Future Projects:

Ivy from Knitty
Yarn: Elann Peruvian Highland Silk
Color: Autumn Purple

Here is the KAL



I just b0ught the yarn for Wicked from Zephyr.
I am trying to learn as much as I can from knitting from the top down or down up. I wasn't really interested in this pattern until I saw this from Snitty. I was immediately convinced that I needed to knit this pattern. I decided on Artyarns Supermerino in Purple Royal. The yarn looks absolutely gorgeous!

1 Comments:

  • You have some beautiful projects!! I am considering Monkey socks next.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home