Maria Knits and Purls

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Catch up time...it is the weekend

I have been a very busy knitter the past few weeks, but I have been too lazy to post. Sorry about that.

First things first, Socktoberfest. I am definitely in the mood for this KAL. There are SO many participants (1,786 as of the date/time of this post). Crazy! I created a search on Bloglines for Socktoberfest enteries. It has been fun looking at all the posts.

My first task was to finish these Jaywalkers since I was so close to finishing. These will be given to Sandy (hair stylist) for Xmas. Everytime I go and get my hair done (which is too often thanks to the gray hair), she sees me knitting. So, I thought I would make her some socks since she makes me look younger.



I then have started my second pair of socks (for this Socktoberfest season). They are Embossed Leaves Socks from IK Winter 2005. I decided to use some of my stash sock yarn, Lorna's Laces in Black Purl. I love this colorway. I am making a few modifications to the pattern: (1) Went down a needle size to 1, (2) Cast on with the long tail method, (3) Cuff is Rib K1, P1, (4) Heel flap is done with the K, Slip stitch to make it studier, (5) Not cutting of the yarn before creating the gusset. I have just finished the heel flap.


One more sock related story. I got some new sock yarn from Sunshine Yarns. It is called "Waterfall". Very beautiful!


Finished Items:

I finished a couple of items this past month. Ella is now complete. I decided to give it to my beautiful, wonderful aunt who has been like a mother/friend/sister to me. She and my uncle were my saviors during my horrible divorce. I plan on giving it to her this week. I hope she likes it! In retrospect, this was a fun knit. I am glad that I used the Lorna's Laces. The yarn is very soft and I love the colors!


I also finished Lucy in the Sky cardigan by Cosmicpluto Knits. I love everything about this cardigan! It was great knit, yarn perfect and the instructions were very easy to follow.


In progress:

There are a couple of new sweaters that I plan on knitting for myself. The first one is from the Debbie Bliss book Cashmerino DK. It is the Ribbed Cardi. I am using the Cashmerino DK in Black. This is going to be the perfect cardigan to be used anywhere, work, play, etc.



The second sweater I have planned is the Everyday Tweed from the new designer on the Garter Belt team. I am using the designated yarn, which is Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed in Emporio. It is more beautiful in person.

1 Comments:

  • Ella is beautiful! (I found your blog when looking for Black Purl projects!) How many skeins did you use?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home