Maria Knits and Purls

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Socktoberfest Questionnaire

Lolly has posted a Questionnaire for us to answer. Here's mine:


* When did you start making socks? Summer 2005
* Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class?
I taught myself after having watched the "Sock-It-To-Me" show on Knitty Gritty.
* What was your first pair?
My first pair was the "Knitting Pure and Simple - Beginner Women's" pattern. It was made with Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted. It was a great way to start with a thicker yarn so that I could see the stitches, plus it knitted up quickly.
* How have they "held up" over time?
Yes, it is still my favorite pair to wear.
* What would you have done differently? Nothing.
* What yarns have you particularly enjoyed? Koigu, Socks that Rock, Lorna's Laces Sock Yarn, and Cherry Hill. I have a stash of Sock Hop Yarn, Sunshine Yarn's and Sundara, but I haven't used them yet.
* Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method? I started with DPNs, but then learned on 2 circulars, which I like better. Addi Turbos...of course....
* Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?)
I have never tried the short row. I usually do the slip stitch heel flap, which seems to be sturdier and fits my foot well.
* How many pairs have you made? 3 for me, 1 sister in law, 1 best friend, 1 son, 1 teacher. I am making lots as Xmas gifts this year, so Socktoberfest is perfect for me (2 office, 1 hair dresser, 1 friend, 1 boss). Yikes! That's 5 pairs I have to make. I need to get moving.

I have finished quite a few projects which I will post pictures to this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home