Maria Knits and Purls

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Yarn Aboard Arrival!

Yesterday, my son and I went to Disney World. We live in Orlando, FL...it is a given... but I have to say that many locals don't visit Mouseland as much as you would expect. For the past 8 years, we have gotten Season Passes. It is great to spend a day at Disney. We went to Magic Kingdom in the morning. We wanted to see the new and revamped Pirates of the Caribbean. It now has Jack Sparrow throughout the ride. We then went to Epcot in the afternoon. The Food and Wine Festival was kicking off this weekend. I go EVERY year! It is one of my favorite things to do at Disney. You must see it! Of course, when I went I had to have my favorite champagne (which I learned about during this event several years ago). Pommery from France. I met the national importer who was serving the champagne at Epcot. Delicious!

When I got home, what did I find? My Yarn Aboard! I was so excited! What a pleasant surprise!
This shows where the box has been. I received my wonderful package from Suzanne from Washington DC.








Contents of Lewis and Clark:
Susan Bates DPN's. Great choice since I don't have any. Postcards...the red tree was taken by Suzanne. The baby is funny.













Closeup of the yarn. Koigu...what more is there to say? I have knitted with several types of sock yarn, but this is by far the best out there. The yarn is soft, durable, and spun tightly...but what makes Koigu so great are the colorways and the variety of colorways. Great choice Suzanne! I absolutely love what you chose. Thanks again.

Matlesers from the UK. Delicious! Knitting Answer Book is really a great resource. I did not have the book but had heard about it.

Suzanne thank you very much for your gifts! I will enjoy them very much!

2 Comments:

  • Woohoo. Koigu! I was lucky enough to get Koigu myself. And you've got needles. So you can get started right away. Great package. What is there more to say than happy knitting!

    By Blogger Carola, at 8:41 PM  

  • What wonderful gifts, and the Koigu is gorgeous! Happy knitting. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home